If you love beef recipes, then you need to try this Cube Steak Recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Cube Steak & Potatoes. Tender cube steak, seasoned, marinated then stuffed and wrapped with tasty bacon. Baked to perfection with seasoned potatoes, you are gonna love it!
4 Beef Cube Steaks
1 lb. Bacon (12 slices)
4 Potatoes (cut into wedges)
Marinade for Cube Steaks:
(Marinate 6 to 24 hours in refrigerator)
½ Cup Ketchup
½ Cup Soy Sauce
¼ Cup Brown sugar
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil (divided)
1 Yellow Onion (finely chopped)
2 Tbsp. Garlic (minced)
4 Cups Spinach (fresh)
1 8oz. Pkg. Cream Cheese (softened)
Seasoning for Cube Steaks and Potatoes (divided):
¼ Tsp. Salt
½ Tsp. Black Pepper
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
Kosher Salt and Parsley Flakes for Potatoes
- Place cube steaks on a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle seasoning mixture on both sides (reserve ½ of seasoning mixture for the potatoes). Put a piece of parchment paper on top of the cube steaks and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet until they are about ¼ inch thick. In a bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients. Place the cube steaks in a shallow pan and pour the marinade over them. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, place in the refrigerator and let marinate for 6 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take the pan of marinated cube steaks out of the refrigerator. Place the steaks on a pan lined with parchment paper and set aside while making the stuffing.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tbsp. olive oil. Add onions and sauté for about 2 – 3 minutes, then add minced garlic and continue to sauté for another minute. Add fresh spinach, and stir and cook about 3 – 4 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On one side of each cube steak, spread a layer of softened cream cheese, then a layer of the spinach mixture. Start with the short end of each steak and roll. Then wrap each steak with 3 slices of bacon (one slice lengthwise and the other 2 slices crosswise).
- Rinse, dry, and cut potatoes into wedges. Place them in a bowl with 2 tbsp. olive oil and toss until coated. Sprinkle with the remaining seasoning mixture.
- Place the bacon-wrapped cube steaks in a 9 x 13 baking pan and place the potato wedges evenly around them. Sprinkle kosher salt and parsley on the potato wedges.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: cube steak recipe, stuffed cube steak, bacon wrapped steak