If you love Instant Pot recipes, you will love this Beef Bourguignon aka Beef Burgundy. It’s so tender and full of flavor. Your family will love it!
- 6 Slices Thick Bacon (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 lbs. Beef Stew Meat (chuck roast or brisket) cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 ½ Cups Red Wine (Merlot, Pinot Noir)
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Beef Bouillon
- 5 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 5 Large Carrots (sliced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (divided)
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Pepper
- 20 Small Pearl Onions (peeled and sliced in half)
- 2 Tsp. Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 lb. Mushrooms (sliced or quartered)
- 3 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- Garnish with Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté or Sear function. Add chopped bacon and cook until browned and slightly crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to the bacon drippings. Add beef in 2 to 3 small batches and cook until browned on all sides about 4 – 5 minutes (remove each browned batch of beef and place on a plate).
- Once all the beef is browned, place it back into the Instant Pot and add wine, beef bouillon, beef broth and tomato paste.
- In a small bowl, add 5 tbsp. flour and about 1 cup water to make a slurry. Stir together until smooth and consistency is like creamy peanut butter. Add ½ of the slurry (reserve other half for later) into the Instant Pot with the beef and let simmer for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add bacon, carrots, chopped onions, pearl onions, 2 tbsp. minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and bay leaves. Place lid on Instant Pot and lock into place. Set on pressure cook for 40 minutes.
- About 5 to 10 minutes before the pressure cooking cycle is completed, in a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add 2 tbsp. minced garlic and continue cooking about 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- When pressure cooking cycle is completed, release the pressure on the Instant Pot to allow steam to escape. Once all pressure is released, unlock and remove the lid. Then set the Instant Pot on Sauté and add the mushrooms and the remaining ½ cup of slurry. Stir and let simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over a bed of creamy mashed potatoes and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.