6 Slices Bacon (chopped)
1 14oz. Package Smoked Sausage (cut into ½ inch slices)
1½ Lbs. Lean Ground Beef (85/15)
1 Medium Sweet Onion (diced)
3 Tbsp. Garlic (minced)
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Onion Powder
1 Tsp. Black Pepper
1 Tsp. Chili Powder
3 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
2 Cans Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
2 22oz. Cans Bush’s Grillin’ Beans (Smokehouse Tradition)
1 15oz. Can Sweet Corn (drained)
3 Russet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 Cups Beef Broth
2 Tbsp. Parsley (chopped)
- In a Dutch oven or large pot on medium heat, add chopped bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Turn heat down to medium low then add sausage into the bacon drippings and lightly brown on both sides. Remove from the pot and place on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and add lean ground beef and onions. Cook until browned. Then add minced garlic and cook another minute. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and green chilies, beans, sweet corn, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and beef broth. Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: Cowboy Stew, Stew Recipe, 3 meat stew, Cowboy Stew, Dutch Oven Stew