- 6 –8 Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs (diced into cubes)
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 7 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 5 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 3 celery stalks (finely diced)
- 5 Yukon Gold Potatoes (cut into small chunks)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1½ Cups Half and Half
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- ½ Tsp. Paprika
- ½ Tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Dried Bay Leaves
- Garnish with Shredded Cheese and Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Dice the chicken up into evenly sized cubes or bite size pieces.
- In a Dutch Oven Pot on medium heat, add a little olive oil. Place chicken in the pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes (stirring regularly). Then remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside (chicken will finish cooking when added into the soup).
- In the same pot, add 1-2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. butter. When the butter is melted, add the onions, carrots and celery. Partially cover pot with a lid and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Melt 5 tbsp. butter in the pot with the vegetables, then stir in 5 tbsp. flour and cook about 2 minutes. Then slowly pour and stir in the chicken broth and half and half and milk.
- Add the chicken back into the pot. Then add the potatoes and add pepper, parsley, bay leaves, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and the chicken bouillon.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover and let simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Garnish with cheese and fresh parsley.