- 2 Large Potatoes
- 5 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Coarse Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream
- Sliced Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut thin slices across the top of the potatoes (only slice 3/4 deep leaving the bottom of the potatoes intact).
- In a small bowl, mix 5 Tbsp. of melted butter with garlic. Brush mixture all over potatoes and between the slices.
Air Fryer Directions:
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place potatoes cut side faced down in the air fryer and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Set to 350 degrees and cook for 35 minutes.
- Using tongs, carefully turn the potatoes over. Baste again with the butter mixture, then cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are completely tender, and tops are golden brown.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the potatoes sliced side up on foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then baste with butter garlic mixture making sure to get inside slices, and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes, or until tender and tops are golden brown.
- While the potatoes are in the air fryer or oven, put a small pot on the stove on medium heat. Melt 3 Tbsp. butter and whisk in 3 Tpsp. of flour to make roux. Continue to whisk and cook the roux for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in milk and add cheddar cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese has melted and sauce thickens and is creamy. Pour over the baked potatoes, top with sour cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.