- 3 Cans Corn (drained)
- 1 lb. Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1 English Cucumber (diced)
- 1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 12 oz. Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 –3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1– 2 Tbs Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- (optional: add 1 Tsp sugar)
- 1 Large Avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley Leaves (chopped)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper
Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
In a small measuring cup, add the dressing ingredients and mix well.
Pour it on the corn salad.
Mix the salad and chill in the refrigerator about 30 minutes.
Remove from the refrigerator and mix again.
Peel and slice the avocado into wedges. Squeeze some lemon juice on them to keep them from turning brown. (you can use lime juice also)
Top with sliced avocado, fresh parsley, and season salt and pepper.
That’s it! A delicious side salad for any occasion.