This easy recipe for honey BBQ chicken wings will make everyone happy at your next dinner or party. You will love the great dipping sauce this recipe makes. Try them out on any game day! There is nothing better than savory, crispy chicken wings or drumettes in this sweet, tangy, homemade honey barbecue sauce.
12 – 16 Chicken Wings or Drumettes
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp. Chili powder
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Pepper
1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp. Paprika
¾ Cup Cornstarch
¾ Cup Water
1 Cup Barbecue Sauce
½ Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. In a separate bowl, add the cornstarch and water, and stir together until smooth.
- Dip each chicken wing in the cornstarch slurry, then dredge in the flour mixture and set on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Then turn the wings over and continue to bake for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, add barbecue sauce (your favorite, or try my Secret Bar-B-Q Sauce recipe) and honey and stir together until blended.
- Toss wings in the honey barbecue sauce mixture and set on the other prepared baking sheet. Set aside the remainder of the honey barbecue sauce in a bowl for dipping.
- Turn oven temperature up to 475 degrees and bake wings for 8 minutes.
- Serve wings with honey barbeque sauce. So delicious!
Keywords: honey bbq chicken wings, honey bbq wings, chicken wings recipe