Looking for a simple delicious meal for dinner? Check out this one pot cheesy taco pasta recipe! It’s full of flavor and your family is sure to love this Mexican pasta recipe.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Can Rotel (Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
- 1 (15 oz) Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 (15 oz) Can Sweet Corn (drained)
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 Cups Uncooked Pasta Shells (medium size)
- 2–3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Mexican Blend Cheese (shredded)
- Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a deep skillet or large pot on medium heat, brown the lean ground beef with chopped onions. Then add minced garlic and sprinkle 1/2 of the taco seasoning packet.
- Add Rotel, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to a simmer. Add the remaining taco seasoning packet and mix.
- Stir in ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and reserve the other 1/2 cup for later.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and the uncooked pasta shells (You may need a little more water depending on the pasta size). Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until pasta is fully cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle Mexican blend cheese, remaining cheddar cheese and green onions on top. Cover to let the cheese melt.
- Serve once cheese is melted and top with sour cream and green onions.