If you love pasta and bacon, you will love this recipe! It’s packed full of flavor in every bite!
- 1 lb. Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 lb. Thick Cut Bacon or Pancetta (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2–3 Tbsp. Half and Half
- 1½ Cups Grated Romano Parmesan Blend Cheese (divided)
- ½ Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Start with eggs at room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, ¾ cup grated Romano Parmesan blend cheese, and add ground pepper. Then set aside.
- Starting with a cold pan, cook the diced bacon over medium heat.
- While the bacon is cooking, boil pasta in salted water until ‘al dente’ or firm.
- Reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water and set aside. Drain the spaghetti (do not rinse).
- Before the bacon is fully cooked, turn the heat down to low and add in minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute and then remove the pan from the heat. Remove excess bacon grease from the pan leaving about ½ of the grease in the pan.
- Turn the heat down to low and pour the hot pasta in the pan with bacon, and quickly but gently fold the pasta in with the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pasta and mix together using tongs. Add starchy pasta water to thin the sauce to the desired consistency. Remove from the heat. (The heat from the pasta will cook the egg mixture so no need to put it back on the heat).
- Mix in and top with the remaining ¾ Cup of Romano Parmesan blend cheese.
Garnish with fresh parsley and ground black pepper.