- 1 3 lb. Bottom or Top Round Roast
- 1 Cup Carrots (sliced)
- 1 Cup Celery (diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 2 Boxes Beef Broth
- 1 Jar Beef Gravy
- 3 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Loaf of French or Italian Bread
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Vine Ripened Tomatoes (sliced thin)
- Sliced Dill Pickles
- Season roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder (1 tsp. each). Place in a slow cooker and pour in beef broth. Then add the carrots, celery, onions, and bell pepper. Season the broth with 2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning, and add 4 tbsp. butter. Cook on high for 2 – 3 hours.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board. Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the vegetables and place them into a blender with 1 – 2 cups of the cooked broth and blend until smooth. Then pour into a large deep skillet along with some of the cooked broth, and 1 jar of beef gravy (reserve some of the cooked broth to dip the bread/sandwich into).
- Slice the roast against the grain into thin slices and put them in the skillet with the beef gravy. Cook on medium-low heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. On the bottom half, add shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and pickles. Then place slices of the hot roast beef on top. Pour some of the cooked broth into a shallow pan. Cut the top half of the loaf of bread in half and dip each half into the beef broth, then place on top of the roast beef. Serve with small bowls of the beef broth and gravy to dip the most delicious Po Boy Sandwiches you’ve ever tasted into.
Keywords: beef po boy, roast beef po boy, po boy sandwich