You are going to love walking in the door and smelling this delicious chicken stew in the slow cooker. There is nothing like comfort food in a crockpot. This easy recipe is the best, you will want to try it!
- 3 Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless – cut into cubes)
- 1 Bag (1 ½ lb.) Petite Gold Potatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (sliced in half)
- 1 Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup Sliced Celery
- 1 16oz. Bag Cut & Peeled Baby Carrots (cut in half)
- 1 15oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 8oz. Can Tomato Puree
- 1 32oz. Box Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper (Optional)
- ½ Tsp. Dried Thyme
- 2/3 Cups Cold Water
- 6 Tbsp. Cornstarch (add more if needed)
- Salt and Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese and Parsley
- In a large crockpot/slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, combine all the chicken stew ingredients, and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Make the slurry about 30 minutes before the stew has finished cooking. In a small bowl mix together the water and cornstarch until smooth. Then stir the slurry into the stew, cover and continue to cook the stew about 30 minutes, or until the stew thickens and vegetables are tender.
- Season the pot of stew with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese and parsley and serve with slices of crusty bread.