- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Yellow Corn Meal
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar (optional)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 Cup Whole Buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 8.5oz. Can Cream-Style Corn
- 1 4oz. Can Chopped Green Chilies (mild)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in two separate bowls. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them together just until combined.
- Pour into a 10 inch cast iron skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven 50 minutes, or until you can insert a wooden toothpick in the middle and it comes out clean.