If you love one skillet meals, you are going to love this creamy one skillet chicken and Biscuits recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tsp. Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 2 Small Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1–2 Stalks of Celery (finely diced)
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Granulated Chicken Bouillon
- ¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- ¼ Cup Half and Half
- 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders (cubed)
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 1 Cup Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 Can Large Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large cast iron skillet on medium heat, add olive oil and butter. Once the butter has melted, add onion and celery, and sauté until tender. Add in minced garlic and let it cook for about 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add flour and whisk for another minute then start slowly pouring in chicken broth and half and half. Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Then add chicken and potatoes and season with salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon. Turn the heat up to medium-high to bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and let it simmer about 5 to 7 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the peas and carrots and corn, then remove from heat.
- Top the chicken mixture with an even layer of biscuits, then brush the tops of the biscuits with the egg wash. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are done and golden brown. Dish up and serve while it’s hot and enjoy!
Keywords: one skillet, chicken and biscuits, one pan chicken and biscuits recipe