- 5 Tilapia Fillets
- 1 Can Sweet Corn (drained)
- ½ Cup Green Onions (chopped)
- ¼ Tsp. Cumin
- 1 Tsp. Coriander
- 1 Tbsp.Minced Garlic
- 2 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 Tbsp. (heaping) Yellow Corn Meal
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Pepper
- ⅓ Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- ¼ Cup Cilantro (or a bit less)
- 1 Tsp. Sugar (optional)
- Canola Oil
- ¾ Cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Tilapia on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Then flake the Tilapia with a fork (should make about 2 cups of flaked fish).
- In a large bowl, add and mix together the flaked Tilapia, sweet corn, green onions, cumin, coriander, and garlic. Then stir in the eggs, yellow cornmeal, cornstarch, and flour. Add salt, pepper, celery, sugar (optional), and cilantro. Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Form into small patties about 5/8 inch thick.
- Fry in a deep skillet with canola oil at 360 degrees until golden brown. Remove and place on a serving plate lined with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup for the dipping sauce.
Keywords: Fried Fish Fritters, Corn Fritters, Fish and Corn